Cannot Move or Resize the Taskbar or Any Toolbars on the Taskbar
This article was previously published under Q279774
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you hover the mouse pointer over the edge of the taskbar or over the edge of a toolbar on the taskbar, a double-arrow mouse pointer (which resizes the item) is not displayed.
This behavior can occur if the taskbar is locked.
To resolve this issue, use either of the following methods to unlock the taskbar:
- Right-click the taskbar, and then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.
- Use the Taskbar and Start Menu tool in Control Panel:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Taskbar and Start Menu.
- On the Taskbar tab, click to clear the Lock the taskbar check box.
- Click OK.
This behavior is by design. In Windows XP Home Edition, the taskbar is locked by default.
Article ID: 279774 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 22:51:23 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbui KB279774