How to manage the maximum concurrent migration batches in Exchange Online in Office 365
This article describes how to manage the number of concurrent migration batches in Microsoft Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365.
Administrators can set the number of concurrent migration batches for new and existing migration batches by using the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) or Exchange Online PowerShell.
To do this, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
Method 1: Use the Exchange Admin Center
When you use the EAC, you can specify only the number of concurrent migration batches for an existing migration batch. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a migration batch by using either the EAC or Exchange Online PowerShell.
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com), click Admin, and then click Exchange to open the EAC (if it's not already open).
- In the left navigation pane, click Recipients, and then click Migration.
- Click the migration batch that you want to change.
- Under Associated endpoint, click View details.
- In the Edit Migration Endpoint window, enter a value in the *Maximum concurrent migrations box.
Note There is a limit of 300 concurrent migrations for each type of migration endpoint.
- Click Save.
Method 2: Use Exchange Online PowerShell
To set the maximum number of concurrent migration batches by using Exchange Online PowerShell, follow these steps:
- Connect to Exchange Online by using remote PowerShell. For more information about how to do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Run the following command:
Note The placeholder <X> represents a numeric value.
Set-MigrationEndpoint –Identity <name of associated endpoint> -MaxConcurrentMigrations <X>
Article ID: 2797784 - Last Review: 09/23/2016 15:29:00 - Revision: 16.0
Microsoft Exchange Online
- o365022013 kbgraphxlink o365 o365e o365p o365a kbgraphic o365m KB2797784