Attempting to install Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) fails with the following event:
Product: Windows Operating System
Source: Active Directory Rights Management Services
Symbolic Name: GetCertificateHierarchyFailedEvent
Message: Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) was not able to retrieve the certificate hierarchy
To resolve this issue, complete the following:
1. Open adsiedit.msc on a Domain Controller in the domain.
2. Connect to the Configuration container (“Select a well known Naming Context: Configuration”)
3. Navigate the following nodes: CN=Configuration [server name], CN=Services.
4. Verify that CN=RightsManagementServices and CN=SCP are missing.
Recreate the nodes, leaving them empty:
1. Navigate to CN=Configuration [server name], CN=Services
2. Right-click in Services and choose New Object
3. Select Container.
4. Name the container RightsManagementServices
5. In that new container, right-click and choose New Object
6. Select Container.
7. Name the container SCP
Exit out of ADSIEdit.
Article ID: 2799251 - Last Review: 01/09/2013 17:05:00 - Revision: 2.0
t" src="https://c.microsoft.com/ms.js" '="">