You can't connect to the Azure Information Protection service in Office 365
Note Microsoft Azure Information Protection was previously known as Microsoft Azure Rights Management.
You can't connect to the Microsoft Azure Information Protection service in Microsoft Office 365.
This issue occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- Azure Information Protection isn't enabled for your company.
- The network is preventing you from connecting to the Azure Information Protection.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your company is enabled for Azure Information Protection. For more info about how to do this, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
- Work with the network admin to make sure that the network meets the requirements for connecting to the Azure Information Protection. The requirements are as follows:
- Incoming and outgoing connections to *.aadrm.com are enabled
- Incoming and outgoing connections to *.cloudapp.net (rmsoprod*-b-rms*.cloudapp.net) are enabled
- Port 443 is open
For more info about Azure Information Protection, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.
Article ID: 2799361 - Last Review: 09/30/2016 07:40:00 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- o365e o365a o365 o365p o365022013 o365m KB2799361