ENT2001: How to Remove Addresses from the Entourage Address Cache
This article was previously published under Q280299
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to remove individual addresses form the address cache in Entourage.
Entourage provides an address cache feature that allows you to pick frequently used addresses from a list as you type in one of the recipient fields. This cache contains all of the addresses from messages that you send and receive.
The address cache is part of the main Entourage database; therefore, you cannot clear the address cache by simply deleting a file because the database contains other Entourage information.
Occasionally, addresses for unsolicited messages that you receive are added to the address cache. In these cases, you can use the following procedure to remove those addresses from the address cache:
- Locate a message from the address that you want to remove from the address cache. If you do not have a message from that address, you can create one by adding the address to a new message, and then saving that message in the Entourage Draft folder.
- In the Entourage folder list, click the message. On the Edit menu, click Categories, and then click Junk.
- On the Tools menu, click Add to Address Book. This temporarily adds a Contact for the unwanted address to the Address Book.
- In the Entourage Address Book, locate the temporary address that you created in the previous step. On the Edit menu, click Delete Contact.
- From the File menu point to New and select Mail Message.
- In this new mail message insert the address you would like to remove to the To: line.
- Press and hold CTRL, click the address and from the popup menu select Add to Address Book.NOTE: After the address is added to the Address Book, you can close the mail message without sending or saving the e-mail.
- Next go to the Address Book and select the contact that was added, then from the Edit menu, point to Categories, and then select Junk.
- Then select the contact from the Address Book and on the Edit menu, select Delete Contact to delete it.
spam unwanted ENT mac email e-mail address delete list favorites clear ENT2001 Office OFF2001 drop down insert popup cash
Article ID: 280299 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 22:54:54 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Entourage 2001 for Mac Special Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB280299