Flight Simulator: How to record flight time in the logbook
This article was previously published under Q280390
This article describes how to configure the flight logbook in Microsoft Flight Simulator to automatically record your flight time.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A A Century of FlightNote During a flight the logbook entries do not get populated. The logbook will populate after you exit the flight. You will only receive notification when you exit the game.
To record your flight time in Flight Simulator, follow these steps:
- Start a new flight in Flight Simulator.
- Click Options, click Settings, and then click General.
- Click to select the Log flight time check box.
- Click Add Entry, and then click OK.
- Click the green check mark or OK to accept the settings.
- Start a flight in Flight Simulator.
- Click Options, and then click Logbook.
- Double-click the logbook entry that you want under Log entries.
- When you are finished viewing your logbook entry, click the green check mark.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000:
<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fs2000\PilotsMicrosoft Flight Simulator 2002:
<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\flights\myfltsIn these folder names, <drive> is the letter of the hard disk where Flight Simulator 2000 or Flight Simulator 2002 are installed.
To view the logbook entries in the Pilots folder, double-click the default Logbook.log or the logbook that you created in the game.
Note If you are prompted to select the program that you want to use to open the logbook file, click NotePad in the Choose the program you want to use box. Click to clear the Always use this program to open this file check box, and then click OK.
Information about the logbook in Flight Simulator XTo view your flight log entries in Flight Simulator X, follow these steps:
- Start Flight Simulator X.
- Click Pilot Records.
- Click the Logbook tab.
- On the main menu, click Learning Center.
- Click the Index tab, and then click L.
- Under the Logs heading, click Using a Logbook.
To enter dates in the logbook in international date formats download and install the appropriate Flight Simulator 2000 Update for your language version of Flight Simulator 2000.
To download and install the Flight Simulator 2000 Update for your language version of Flight Simulator 2000, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
msgame flightsim fs2k track features howto
Article ID: 280390 - Last Review: 09/28/2011 22:00:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe, Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional Edition
- dftsdahomeportal kbui kbenv kbhowto KB280390