When you click the Input Method Editor (IME) language bar in a Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 device that has East Asian languages installed, the IME pad menu may not display, or options may be missing for the language.Note
This issue may also occur for Japanese, Korean, or Simplified Chinese IME pad installations.
This issue occurs because there are multiple East Asian language IME pads that are installed in the Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 device. If input from multiple languages is used, some IME options for a specific IME language may not appear correctly.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
If you use the classic Start menu, click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Classic View, double-click Regional and Language Options.
- Click the Languages tab, then clear Install files for East Asian Languages under the "Supplemental language support" section.
- Restart the Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 device.
- Return to the Languages tab, select Install files for East Asian Languages under the "Supplemental language support" section, then click Apply and OK to reinstall the packages. You will need access to the installation disk.
Note At this point, you may have to run the IME executable files associated with each of your selected languages. These are located in <%systemdrive%>\Windows\IME. After you have run the following executable files, restart the Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 device:
- Run IMJPINST.EXE to fix the Japanese IME pad
- Run IMKRINST.EXE to fix the Korean IME pad
- Run IMSCINST.EXE To fix the Simplified Chinese IME pad
- After the language files are installed, click Details... under the "Text services and input languages" section under the Languages tab. When the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box appears, click Add.. under the "Installed services" section to install and configure the specific language(s) that you want.
- In the Add Input Language dialog box, select your language from the drop-down list under the "Input Language" section. Check Keyboard Layout/IME, and make one of the following selections:
- Chinese (Simplified) - Microsoft Pinyin IME 3.0 for Chinese (PRC)
- Microsoft New Phonetic IME 2002a for Chinese (Taiwan)
- Microsoft IME Standard 2002 ver 8.1 for Japanese
- Korean Input System (IME 2002) for Korean
- Make sure that there are also matching Keyboard entries for each language.
Article ID: 2804649 - Last Review: February 6, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
|kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2804649|