Consider the following scenario:
- You use Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, you set the Choose how you open links option to Always in Internet Explorer on the Programs tab.
- You close all Internet Explorer sessions on the computer.
- You browse to a webpage in Internet Explorer 10 by opening a link.
- Then you press Page Down on the keyboard to scroll down on a webpage.
In this scenario, the webpage does not scroll down as expected. However, you can scroll the webpage by using the mouse scroll. Additionally, some other keys on the keyboard do not work.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:Notes
- This update was first included in the following security update:
MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that
this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to"
Article ID: 2807921 - Last Review: February 12, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
|kbqfe kbfix kbbug kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2807921|