Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 is configured to access a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 mailbox with an Exchange cached mode profile.
- You create a new meeting and use the Room Finder feature.
- The room lists are displayed but under Choose an available Room the conference rooms are not displayed.
The offline address book (OAB) is generated by Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. In order for the Room Finder feature to work, the OAB must be generated by Exchange 2010 or a later version.
Use the following steps to reconfigure the Exchange servers so that Exchange Server 2010 is generating the OABs:
- Move the OAB generation from the older version of Exchange server to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server. Depending on the versions of Exchange Server in your environment, please go to the following Microsoft web sites for more information:
Exchange 2003: Configuring Exchange Server 2003 Offline Address Books
Exchange 2007: Managing Offline Address Books
Exchange 2010: Managing Offline Address Books
- Force an OAB update to create a folder for the OAB on the Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server. For more information about how to do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update the Offline Address Book
- In Outlook 2010, verify that the new OAB is fully downloaded and working successfully. To download the address book, follow these steps:
- On the Send/Receive tab, click Send/Receive Groups, and then click Download Address Book.
- In the Offline Address Book dialog box, make sure that the Download changes since last Send/Receive check box is checked.
- Click OK.
- Schedule a meeting and use the Room Finder feature to verify that the list of conference rooms are available.
The issue does not occur when you use an Online mode profile.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2811855 - Last Review: July 29, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Outlook 2010