Error message when you try to move a mailbox in Exchange Server 2016: "The migration mailbox for the organization is either missing or invalid
The migration mailbox for the organization is either missing or invalid.
Note To move a mailbox by using the New-MigrationBatch cmdlet, the Migration mailbox must be present and enabled.
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
- Click Users, and then verify that the following account does not exist:Migration.8f3e7716-2011-43e4-96b1-aba62d229136
Note If this account exists in the Users container, go to step 4.
- Run the following cmdlet: setup /preparead/IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
- Run the following cmdlets:Enable-Mailbox -Arbitration -Identity "Migration.8f3e7716-2011-43e4-96b1-aba62d229136"
Set-Mailbox "Migration.8f3e7716-2011-43e4-96b1-aba62d229136" -Arbitration –Management:$true
For more information about the New-MigrationBatch cmdlet in Exchange Server 2013, go the following TechNet website:
Article ID: 2812509 - Last Review: 10/01/2015 07:26:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot KB2812509