OL2002: You Cannot Delete Custom Folders Created on IMAP Servers
This article was previously published under Q281363
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to delete a custom folder from an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server, the process may stop responding and you may receive the following error message:
The server responded: 'DELETE failed: Mailbox (folder name) is in use by another process'.
This behavior occurs because you are currently in the folder that you are trying to delete.
To work around this behavior, delete the custom folder. To do this:
- Click on a different folder than the one that you want to delete.
- Right-click the folder that you want to delete.
- Click Delete from the menu.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this folder.
Article ID: 281363 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 04:34:38 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB281363