OL2002: Messages That You Mark for Download Do Not Download from IMAP Folders
This article was previously published under Q281742
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you have mark one or more Internet Messaging Access Protocol (IMAP) messages for download, the messages do not download when you click the Send/Receive button.
This behavior occurs when you try to download messages from a folder other than your Inbox folder.
To resolve this behavior and download the messages that you marked for download in folders other than your IMAP server Inbox, you can either add the folders to your Send/Receive Group settings for your IMAP account, or you can manually process the headers while you are in the folder. To do this:
- On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Select the Send/Receive Group that you would like to configure (the "All Accounts" (without quotation marks) group is created by default), and then click Edit.
- In the Accounts box, click your IMAP account.
- Click to select the folders that you want to include.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
The default Send/Receive Group settings do the following in your IMAP account:
- Synchronize (download) the headers in your Inbox.
- Obtain the unread message count for all folders.
Article ID: 281742 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 17:58:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB281742