Description of Simple Folder View in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q282002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Microsoft Windows Explorer on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, the following behavior occurs under the new Simple Folder view:
- When you click a folder in the Folders pane, it is automatically expanded to show its subfolders.
- When you click a folder in the Folders pane, other expanded folders are automatically closed.
- The dotted lines that normally connect the folders and drives are not displayed.
To disable Simple Folder view in Windows Explorer, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Click to clear the Display simple folder view in Explorer's Folders list check box.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 282002 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 23:14:01 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdisplay kbenv kbinfo KB282002