Description of Simple Folder View in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q282002
In Microsoft Windows Explorer on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, the following behavior occurs under the new Simple Folder view:
- When you click a folder in the Folders pane, it is automatically expanded to show its subfolders.
- When you click a folder in the Folders pane, other expanded folders are automatically closed.
- The dotted lines that normally connect the folders and drives are not displayed.
To disable Simple Folder view in Windows Explorer, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Click to clear the Display simple folder view in Explorer's Folders list check box.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 282002 - Last Review: 01/27/2006 01:48:59 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbdisplay kbenv kbinfo KB282002