Works: "Error 1327, Invalid Drive" Error Message Occurs During Installation
This article was previously published under Q282183
During the installation of Microsoft Works Suite, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1327, Invalid Drive: drive:\
Installation ended prematurely because of an error.
is the drive letter of a mapped network drive.
This behavior may occur when the following conditions are true:
- A system folder (for example, My Documents) is mapped to a network drive that has the Reconnect at logon check box selected.
- The Logon and restore network connections check box is selected when you log on to Microsoft Windows.
- The system folder on the network drive was not available when you started Windows.
To work around this behavior, use any of the following methods.
Log on to the computer locally, but do not log on to the network. Then, install Works Suite.Note
Log on by using this method for all reboots thereafter, during the installation process. After the installation process is complete, restart the computer, and log on as you typically would.
Disconnect from the unavailable share, and then reconnect after you clear the Reconnect at logon
check box. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Disconnect Network Drive.
- Click the network drive on which the shell folder is located.
- On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
- Click to clear the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Type the network path for the location of the shell folder.
- Restart Windows.
Move the system shell folder from the network location to a location on your computer's hard disk.
You can do this by using the same method by which the folder was originally moved.
If you have to maintain the Reconnect at logon
option, restart Windows when the network share is available.
Article ID: 282183 - Last Review: 01/29/2007 06:13:42 - Revision: 5.1
- Microsoft Works Suite 2005
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works Suite 2006