"This document could not be opened for editing" error message when you try to open documents from a SharePoint 2010 document library by using Office 2013
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a Region and Language locale other than English (United States) on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You install Office 2013 on the computer.
- You try to use Office 2013 to open multiple documents from a document library in Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
Description of the Office 2013 hotfix package (Owssupp-x-none.msp): June 11, 2013
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Set the language locale on the computer to English (United States).
- Use Windows Explorer view to open the documents from the document library.
Article ID: 2823322 - Last Review: 08/07/2013 05:51:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Microsoft Office Standard 2013
- kbsurveynew kbbug kbfix kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseinter KB2823322