"There Is a Problem with the Audio Capture Device" Error Message When Recording from a Digital Video Device
This article was previously published under Q282518
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
You may receive the following error message when you attempt to record from a digital video capture device in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker:
There is a problem with the audio capture device. Check that the device is configured properly and try again.
This problem can occur if you have installed the Microsoft Phone software on your computer.
To work around this problem, disable Wave device for Voice Modem
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click System, and then click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers device to expand the branch.
- Click Wave device for Voice Modem, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click to select the Disable in this hardware profile check box.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- Restart your computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 282518 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 05:09:10 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb kbvideotech KB282518