Color option not available for header or footer text in Excel for Mac
This article was previously published under Q283045
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes which text formatting options are available in the header or footer. The formatting options are very basic, and font color is not one of the available options.
You can apply the following formatting options to text in the header or footer:
- Font type
- Font style (such as bold, or italic)
- Font size
- Shadow (in Microsoft Excel 98 Macintosh Edition or in Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac)
- Outline (in Excel 98 or in Excel 2001 for Mac)
- Strikethrough (in Excel 98 or in Excel 2001 for Mac)
- Underline (single)
may appear in the Font
dialog box, but these appear dimmed and are unavailable. In Excel for Mac, all of the effects appear dimmed and are unavailable.
MacXLX XL2001 XL 98 XL5 color text format modify change
Article ID: 283045 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 21:07:10 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- Microsoft Excel X for Mac
- Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac
- Microsoft Excel 98 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 for Macintosh
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbinfo KB283045