How do I clear past items from the Customize Notifications dialog box in Windows XP?
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me” section. If you’d rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself” section.
Fix it for me
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
NoteIf you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
To check whether this resolved the problem, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
To clear the Past Items list, perform the following steps:
- Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify
- Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.
- In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK.
Did this fix the problem?
- To verify that the fix worked, restart your computer. If there are no past items shown in the Customize Notification dialog box, the problem is fixed, and you are finished with this article.
- If the problem is not resolved, you can also contact support.
Article ID: 283084 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 23:27:26 - Revision: 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmsifixme kbfixme kbenv kbhowto KB283084