Animated GIF Files Are Not Animated on the Welcome Screen
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you set a user's picture to be an animated .gif file, the picture is not animated when it is displayed on the Welcome screen.
All pictures on the Welcome screen are displayed as bitmaps.
This behavior is by design.
A different picture can be given to each user account on the system. Supported file types are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tif.
To change the picture that is displayed for a user, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, double-click User Accounts.
- Click the user that you want to change, and then click Change the picture.
Article ID: 283103 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 17:17:23 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdisplay kbenv kbprb KB283103