Using ALT+TAB on the On-Screen Keyboard Does Not Switch Between Open Windows
This article was previously published under Q283385
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the ALT+TAB key combination on the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK), you may not be able to switch between open windows.
This behavior can occur if the OSK is in Click mode. Using ALT+TAB to switch between open windows works only when the OSK is in Hover mode.
To work around this behavior, either change the OSK to Hover mode or click the program icon on the Windows taskbar to switch to the appropriate window.
To change the OSK to Hover mode:
- On the Settings menu in the On-Screen Keyboard window, click Typing Mode.
- In the Typing Mode dialog box, click Hover to select, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 283385 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 17:19:52 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenable kbnofix kbprb KB283385