You cannot perform a mail merge to create labels by using records from the Outlook 2002 Contacts folder
This article was previously published under Q284401
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to perform a mail merge to create labels by using records from the Outlook 2002 Contacts folder, only part of the records are merged.
To work around this issue, click Propagate Labels
from the Mail Merge
toolbar before you click Merge to document
- In either the Outlook shortcuts or the folder list, click the Contacts folder.
- On the Tools menu, click Mail Merge.
- Click Mailing Labels under Document type, click New Document under Merge to, and then click OK.
- In Microsoft Word, click Complete Setup.
- Click Create, click Mailing Labels, and then click Setup.
- Click the label type, click OK, and then click Close.
- On the Mail Merge toolbar, click Insert Merge Fields. Add fields to the label, and then click Close.
- Click Propagate Labels, and then on the Mail Merge toolbar, click Merge to document.
- Click All, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 284401 - Last Review: 10/25/2013 23:42:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbemail kbmerge kbpending KB284401