How to Start Device Manager in Windows 98 and Windows Me
This article describes how to start Device Manager by using a mouse or the keyboard. You can use the keyboard if the mouse is inoperable or is not present, of if you have difficulty using a mouse.
You can use Device Manager to manage the devices in your computer. You can use Device Manager to view and manage device properties, update device drivers, change device settings, and uninstall devices.
For additional information about Device Manager, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Starting Device Manager with a Mouse
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
Starting Device Manager with the Keyboard
- Press and hold the CTRL key while you press the ESC key.
- Press the UP ARROW key to select Settings.
- Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select Control Panel, and then press ENTER.
- Use the arrow keys to select the System icon, and then press ENTER.
NOTE: If you do not see the System icon in Control Panel, select the View all the Control Panel icons setting on the left side of the Control Panel Window.
- Press RIGHT ARROW to select the Device Manager tab.
- Use the TAB key to select items in Device Manager.
devman mgr dev
for other considerations.
Article ID: 285122 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 12:34:00 - Revision: 1.0