Error message: "The form you have selected could not be displayed"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you open a Form in Outlook 2000, the following error message may occur:
The form you have selected could not be displayed. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator.
This problem can occur if there is a problem reading the local forms cache.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office 2000. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
276367 How to obtain the latest Office 2000 service packThe English-language version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later:
Version File name----------------------------8.30.3165.0 Outex.dll18.104.22.16810 Outllib.dllThe fix is also available for the following language(s): French
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP-3).After you apply the latest service pack, add the registry information that is provided in the "More Information" section of this article.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To enable this fix, modify the following registry entry:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office
- On the Edit menu, click Add Key, and then add the registry value 10.0.
NOTE: This is an Outlook 2000, version 9.0 fix, even though the new registry key is 10.0.
- Locate the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0
- On the Edit menu, click Add Key, and then add the registry value Outlook.
- Locate the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click Key, and then add the following registry value:Value Name: ForceFormReload
Data Type: REG_DWORD
- Quit the Registry Editor.
Article ID: 285129 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 23:50:11 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kboffice2000sp3fix kbbug kberrmsg kbfix KB285129