Email message body is blank in Outlook
When you view an email message in Microsoft Outlook, the message body is blank.
This problem may occur because of an incompatibility between the Avgoutlook.Addin add-in and Outlook.
Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps to disable the Avgoutlook.Addin add-in. If the problem is , we recommend that you contact the vendor of the add-in to ask about an updated version of the add-in.
- Exit Microsoft Outlook if it is running.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press the Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box, type regedit in the Open box, and then press OK.
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista:Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey, depending on the type of Office and Windows installations that you have.
- 32-bit Office plus 32-bit WindowsHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\avgoutlook.Addin
- 64-bit Office plus 64-bit WindowsHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\avgoutlook.Addin
- 32-bit Office plus 64-bit WindowsHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\avgoutlook.Addin
- 32-bit Office plus 32-bit Windows
- Right-click the LoadBehavior value, and then click Modify.
- Change the Value Data value to 0, and then click OK.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
The "Friendly Name" of the Avgoutlook.Addin add-in is "AVG Addin for MS Outlook."
For AVG software download information, go to the following AVG website:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Article ID: 2854787 - Last Review: 01/14/2016 06:55:00 - Revision: 6.0
Outlook 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003