"Character" is displayed in the ERROR column for one or more objects after you run the IdFix tool
When you run the IdFix DirSync Error Remediation Tool in your on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) environment, "character" is displayed in the ERROR column for one or more objects.
This problem occurs if the tool identifies a character in an attribute that's not valid and that can't be synced from the on-premises AD DS environment to Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
To resolve this issue, re-enter a value for the attribute. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the UPDATE column for the object, type the value that you want for the attribute.
Make sure that the value contains only characters that are valid for that attribute. For more information, see the "Directory object preparation" sections of the following Microsoft website:
- In the ACTION column, click EDIT, and then click Apply.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each object that has a "character" entry in the ERROR column.
- Run IdFix again to look for more object errors.
Article ID: 2857352 - Last Review: 12/12/2014 10:22:00 - Revision: 8.0
- Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Intune
- CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services
- Office 365 Identity Management
- o365 o365a o365e o365m o365022013 hybrid KB2857352