The remaining Visual Studio application is broken after you uninstall Visual Studio 2013 Preview or Visual Studio 2012
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview installed on the same computer.
- When Visual Studio 2013 was installed, either the Microsoft Windows 8 Development or the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK option was selected during setup.
Note By default, the Microsoft Windows 8 Development option is selected.
In this scenario, when you uninstall Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2013 Preview, the application that was not uninstalled is broken.
To work around this issue, repair the Visual Studio application that remains on your computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2858349 - Last Review: 06/26/2013 16:20:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Visual Studio 2013 Preview
- Visual Studio Express 2013 Preview for Desktop
- Visual Studio Express 2013 Preview for Web
- Visual Studio Express 2013 Preview for Windows
- Visual Studio Premium 2013 Preview
- Visual Studio Professional 2013 Preview
- Visual Studio Test Professional 2013 Preview
- Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Preview
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB2858349