"Report contains no data" error when you try to save the "Content viewing" audit log report in SharePoint Online
Consider the following scenario:
- You enable the Reporting feature on a SharePoint Online site collection.
- You browse to Audit Log Reports.
- When you try to save a "Content viewing" report to a location, you receive one of the following error messages:
- This report contains no data.
Please ensure data for this report is being captured by the current audit settings. It may also take some time after audit settings are changed for events to surface here.
- Sorry, something went wrong.
An unexpected error has occurred.
To work around this issue, Office 365 administrators can enable and use the audit log in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. For more information, see the following Microsoft website:
Search the audit log in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center
This error occurs because the "Content viewing" report isn't supported in SharePoint Online.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 2859803 - Last Review: 08/24/2016 15:58:00 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft SharePoint Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB2859803