How to enable tracing for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router.
You can update the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router service to enable tracing. To do this, you must modify the registry and XML service configurations.
To enable verbose operations log level, you must manually update the configuration by updating the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the server where the Microsoft CRM E-mail Router is installed by using local administrator permissions.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSCRMEmail
- Right-click the LogLevel registry entry, click Modify, and then change the value to 3. By default, this value is set to 1.
- Update the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml configuration file for the E-mail Router Service. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, locate the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file. By default, this file is located in the following folder: SystemDrive:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service
- Open the file by using Notepad or another text-editing program.
- In the file, examine the <SystemConfiguration> node, and then scroll down the text toward the end of the file to find the following statement: <LogLevel>1</LogLevel>By default, this value is set to 1 (one). Modify this statement so that it reads as follows: <LogLevel>3</LogLevel>
- Save the file.
- Restart the E-mail Router Service. You will find a new Event Viewer log view that is named MSCRMEmailLog. It is in this Event Viewer log view that the events appear.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2862024 - Last Review: June 14, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
|kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB2862024|