You do not receive a confirmation when you book a resource with Direct Booking
This article was previously published under Q287509
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you use Direct Booking of resources in Outlook, you may not receive the prompt that informs you that the resource account has accepted your meeting request. However, if you open the meeting in your calendar, the meeting request shows that the resource has accepted the meeting request.
This behavior occurs because the prompt that tells you that the resource has been successfully booked has been disabled.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.To resolve this behavior, re-enable the prompt that tells you that the resource has been successfully booked. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Outlook 2000, navigate to the following registry key: In Outlook 2002, navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\GeneralIn Outlook 2003, navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\GeneralHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\General
- Click the General key, and locate the value named Pont_String in the right pane of Registry Editor.
- Right-click the Pont_String value, click Delete, and then click Yes.
- Exit Registry Editor.
You can disable the prompt that the resource account has been successfully booked by clicking the Please do not show me this dialog again check box in the Resources Booked dialog box that appears after you have booked a resource successfully. This sets the registry value referenced in the "Resolution" section of this article, and prevents the Resources Booked prompt from appearing.
OL2K OL2002 OL2003 OL2000
Article ID: 287509 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 00:18:17 - Revision: 4.1
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbusage KB287509