Consider the following scenario.
- You have a SharePoint Online website on which the site theme is configured as something other than Default (no theme).
- The SharePoint Online site is using the SharePoint 2010 experience version.
- When you try to apply a new language setting in Language settings on the Site Settings page, you receive the following error message:
Note In this message, "web" is used to indicate "website."
Error: The web being updated was changed by an external process.
To work around this issue, select the Default (no theme)
theme, change the language, and then reapply your original theme. To do this, follow these steps:
- As an administrator of the site, click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings.
- In the Site Settings menu, click Site theme in the Look and Feel section.
- In the Select a Theme section, select Default (no theme), and then click Apply.
- On the Site Settings page, click Language settings, and then make any necessary language changes.
- On the Site Settings page, click Site theme again, select your original theme in the Select a Theme section, and then click Apply.
This issue occurs when you're using the SharePoint 2010 experience version.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2876502 - Last Review: February 5, 2015 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug KB2876502|