Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.3.7 Update
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS13-073. This security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. To view the complete security bulletin, go to the following Microsoft website: Frequently Asked Questions.
This security update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Improves opening and checking out a file from SharePoint in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
This update fixes an issue that may sometimes cause Mac Office to crash when you try to open Office documents from a SharePoint site.
- Improves access to customer's spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to randomly crash when a file contains several drop-down macros.
- Improves message browsing using screen reader software in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes certain information in the navigation pane and message list to not be read by screen reader software.
- Adds item sort order to the View menu in Outlook for Mac
This update includes functionality that lets you change the sort order of Outlook items in the Outlook item list through the View menu. Menu items are located in the Arrange By submenu.
- Includes pane navigation functionality in Outlook for Mac
This update includes functionality that lets you move quickly through the navigation pane, the reading pane, and the Outlook item list using the View menu, the Previous Pane keyboard shortcut, and the Next Pane keyboard shortcut.
- Improves message and meeting viewing and composing using screen reader in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes certain message and meeting information to not be read by screen reader software.
- Improves the Contacts Search panel in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes action buttons for search results to not be keyboard-accessible.
- Adds an Insert Image command to the Format menu in Outlook for Mac
This update includes functionality that lets you insert images into Outlook items though the Format menu.
- Improves the ability to move through meeting attendee free/busy information using screen reader software in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes free/busy information in the Scheduling Assistant to not be read by screen reader software.
- Improves the ability to add and edit accounts using screen reader software in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes certain account information to not be read by screen reader software.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.3.7 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application name>.
- In the About <application name> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.1.0 or a later version number.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.3.7 Update package now.
Release Date: September 10, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office for Mac 14.3.7 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service dos
Article ID: 2877813 - Last Review: 09/10/2013 17:17:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011, Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011, Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 Home Use Program, Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, Microsoft Office for Mac Standard 2011, Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011, Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011, Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011, Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbbug kbfix kbsurveynew KB2877813