Update 2874216 breaks the content index in Exchange Server 2013
Note You do not experience these symptoms after you install the Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 versions of the MS13-061 security update.
- The content index (CI) for mailbox databases shows "Failed" on the affected server.
- The Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller service is missing.
- You see a new service that is named "Host Controller service for Exchange."
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Search Foundation for Exchange
Set the value of the DataDirectory registry entry to the Data directory path for the Exchange Server installation.
For example, if the Exchange Server installation directory is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15, you would set the value of the DataDirectory registry entry to the following:C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\Search\Ceres\HostController\Data
- Set the value of the DisplayName registry entry to "Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller."
- Add a new multi-string value that is named DependOnService, and then set its value to http.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller service.
Article ID: 2879739 - Last Review: 08/20/2013 21:25:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbprb KB2879739