Fixed: PowerPoint cannot insert a video from this embed code in PowerPoint 2010 presentation
Consider the following scenario:
- On the YouTube website, you identify a video that you want to embed in a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation and then click the video.
- Below the video image on the YouTube webpage, you click Share, click Embed, and then click to select the Use old embed code check box. This generates the embed code.
- You click in the embed code field, right-click, and then select Select All.
- In the embed code field, you right-click and then select Copy.
- You start PowerPoint 2010 and then paste the embed code into a new PowerPoint 2010 slide. To do this, you click the Insert tab, click the Media group, click Video, and then click Video from Web Site.
- In the Insert Video from Website dialog box, you click in the Paste embed code here field, paste the embed code, and then press Insert.
If you have installed Description of the PowerPoint 2010 update: September 10, 2013
the option to Insert Video from web site is no longer available.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
PowerPoint cannot insert a video from this embed code. Verify that the embed code is correct, and then try again.
This has been resolved with the April Updates, please download the updates here:
Description of the PowerPoint 2010 update 2837579: April 8, 2014
PPT PowerPoint Youtube insert PowerPoint cannot insert video embed code
Article ID: 2880293 - Last Review: 05/04/2014 02:03:00 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB2880293