Fixed: PowerPoint cannot insert a video from this embed code in PowerPoint 2010 presentation
- On the YouTube website, you identify a video that you want to embed in a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation and then click the video.
- Below the video image on the YouTube webpage, you click Share, click Embed, and then click to select the Use old embed code check box. This generates the embed code.
- You click in the embed code field, right-click, and then select Select All.
- In the embed code field, you right-click and then select Copy.
- You start PowerPoint 2010 and then paste the embed code into a new PowerPoint 2010 slide. To do this, you click the Insert tab, click the Media group, click Video, and then click Video from Web Site.
- In the Insert Video from Website dialog box, you click in the Paste embed code here field, paste the embed code, and then press Insert.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
PowerPoint cannot insert a video from this embed code. Verify that the embed code is correct, and then try again.
Article ID: 2880293 - Last Review: 05/04/2014 02:03:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB2880293