You can’t attach project collections that are detached from TFS 2010 or TFS 2012
After you upgrade Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) config database to TFS 2012 Update 3
, you may encounter one of the following issues:
- You can't attach project collections that are detached from TFS 2010 or TFS 2012.
- You can reattach project collections that are detached from TFS 2012 or TFS 2012. However, your permissions or identities may be lost in TFS 2012.
To work around these issues, use one of the following methods:
- Upgrade TFS to Update 3 together with the collections that are still attached.
Note This method avoids detaching collections before the upgrade to TFS Update 3.
- Upgrade TFS to TFS 2012 Update 4, and then reattach collections that were previously detached.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2885212 - Last Review: 09/26/2013 13:55:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB2885212