XADM: Digital All-in-1 Source Extractor File Has an Extra Leading Dot in Many Lines
This article was previously published under Q288687
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
One of the files that is included in the Digital All-in-1 Source Extractor in Microsoft Exchange Server Migration Tools (Ex_build.scp) contains an extra leading dot (.) in many lines, which essentially renders it unusable. This file is located in the root of the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM in the Migrate\Host\All-in-1 folder.
This problem occurs because the lines that contain two leading dots should only contain one.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
301378 XGEN: How to Obtain the Latest Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack
To work around this problem and install and use the Exchange Server Migration Tools Digital All-in-1 Source Extractor properly:
- Copy the contents of the Migrate\Host\All-in-1 folder from the root of the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM to the local hard disk.
- Remove the read-only attribute on the Ex_build.scp file by right-clicking the file, and then clicking Properties. Click to clear the Read-only check box, and then click OK.
- Open the Ex_build.scp file by using Microsoft Notepad. On the Edit menu, click Replace. In the Find what box, type .. (two dots). In the Replace with box, type . (one dot). Save the changes to the file.
- Follow the instructions in the Readme.txt file to install the Digital All-in-1 Source Extractor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack 1.
dot period point mark dec digital equipment corporation compaq
Article ID: 288687 - Last Review: 10/23/2013 16:19:31 - Revision: 2.4
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix KB288687