Retention policy does not work after you run a cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
When you run a cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell to apply a retention policy that moves email messages from a user’s mailbox to the user’s archive mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 environment, the retention policy does not work. For example, you create a retention policy by running one of the following cmdlets:
- New-RetentionPolicyTag "ArchiveTag" -Type All -RetentionEnabled $true -AgeLimitForRetention 90 -RetentionAction MoveToArchive
- New-RetentionPolicy PolicyName -RetentionPolicyTagLinks "ArchiveTag"
- Set-Mailbox Mailbox -RetentionPolicy PolicyName
- Start-ManagedFolderAssistant -Identity Mailbox
This issue occurs because a System.InvalidCastException exception occurs when Managed Folder Assistant tries to process mailboxes.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
2892464 Description of Cumulative Update 3 for Exchange Server 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the New-RetentionPolicyTag cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:New-RetentionPolicy cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:Set-Mailbox cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:Start-ManagedFolderAssistant cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2888612 - Last Review: 11/25/2013 17:36:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2888612