Consider the following scenario:
- A Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 client is configured so that it can only sign in to a Lync Server environment from external access.
- The client is in an internal network of an organization, and the client can parse either internal or external DNS names.
- You configure the Lync for Mac 2011 client to sign in automatically.
- Lync Server 2010 or Lync Server 2013 is configured to block the client when the client tries to directly sign in to Front-end server pools.
- You try to sign in to the client.
In this scenario, you cannot sign in to the client. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
The server is not reachable.
This issue occurs because the Lync for Mac 2011 client does not try to use external access to connect to the Front-end pool when the client cannot use internal access.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
Description of the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.6 update
Article ID: 2888982 - Last Review: October 8, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
|kbqfe kbfix kberrmsg kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2888982|