A Description of the Repair Option on a Local Area Network or High-Speed Internet Connection
This article was previously published under Q289256
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes what actions are taken if you select the Repair option on a local area network (LAN) or high-speed Internet connection.
The following actions are taken if you select the Repair
option on a LAN or high-speed Internet connection.NOTE
: The actions occur in the order that they are listed. A corresponding command is listed next to each action.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) lease is renewed: ipconfig /renew
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) cache is flushed: arp -d *
- Reload of the NetBIOS name cache: nbtstat -R
- NetBIOS name update is sent: nbtstat -RR
- Domain Name System (DNS) cache is flushed: ipconfig /flushdns
- DNS name registration: ipconfig /registerdns
The following action has been added to Windows XP Service Pack 1:
- IEEE 802.1X Authentication Restart
Article ID: 289256 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 00:35:57 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbnetwork KB289256