The blinking cursor disappears when you click in a text box that hosts a WebBrowser ActiveX control from Internet Explorer 9 in an MFC application
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) application.
- The MFC application hosts the WebBrowser ActiveX control in a form.
- You change the focus from the WebBrowser ActiveX control to the outer form by clicking in a text box.
In this scenario, the blinking cursor that you expect in the text box in the outer form is not visible.
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to Microsoft Update
For technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2888505.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS13-088: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: November 12, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
See the terminology
Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 2905731 - Last Review: 12/04/2013 03:24:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2905731