Internet Explorer loses HTTP connections when you close a webpage before you receive an XHR response
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, or Internet Explorer 9.
- You make an asynchronous XMLHttpRequest (XHR) object request from a webpage.
- You close the webpage before you receive a response.
In this scenario, if the response length (header together with body) is greater than 1 kilobyte (KB), Internet Explorer loses the HTTP connections.
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to Microsoft Update
For technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2888505.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS13-088: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: November 12, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
See the terminology
Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 2905733 - Last Review: 11/13/2013 03:43:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Internet Explorer 7
- kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2905733