FIX: DTSRun.exe Causes Access Violation on SMP Computers
This article was previously published under Q290644
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
BUG #: 351948 (SHILOH_BUGS)
The DTSRun.exe utility may cause an access violation (AV) when a Data Transformation Services (DTS) package is executed with the following conditions:
- The DTS package is executed on a SMP computer with a minimum of four processors.
- The DTS package has multiple steps that are run concurrently.
- The steps share a single connection.
- Two or more of these steps complete at exactly the same time.
The Windows NT Application log will contain an entry similar to the following:
Event Type: InformationEvent Source: DrWatsonEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 4097Date: 1/25/2001Time: 3:56:06 PMUser: N/AComputer: SMPServerDescription:The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 01/25/2001 @ 15:56:06.000 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 415B528C (<nosymbols>)
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
INF: How to Obtain the Latest SQL Server 2000 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in SQL Server 2000. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 1.
Article ID: 290644 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 21:48:13 - Revision: 4.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbsqlserv2000sp1fix KB290644