The Office XP Shortcut Bar shortcut does not start the Office XP Bar
This article was previously published under Q290744
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to start the Microsoft Office XP Shortcut Bar by clicking the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar shortcut, either the Office Shortcut Bar is not displayed, or the Office 2000 Shortcut Bar is displayed instead.
This behavior can occur if both of the following conditions are true:
- Your computer has Office 2000 installed, and the Office Shortcut Bar is included with the installation.
- You install Office XP and keep all earlier versions of Office installed on your computer.
To resolve this issue, add the Office XP Shortcut Bar through the Office XP CD-ROM in maintenance mode.
To add the Office XP Shortcut Bar, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select the Office XP program that you installed, and then click Change (in Microsoft Windows 2000) or Add/Remove (in Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition [Me]).
- In the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
- Click the plus sign next to Office Tools.
- Click the arrow next to Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.
- Click Run all from My Computer, and then click Update.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
To start the Office Shortcut Bar, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then point to Programs.
- Point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.
Article ID: 290744 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 00:54:53 - Revision: 1.4
Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition, Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition, Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage, Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition, Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbbug kbnofix KB290744