A photo gallery is a Web page that contains a collection of
graphics arranged in a specific layout. If you choose, this article discusses
how you can customize the appearance of a photo gallery by using Microsoft
FrontPage 2002. To do this, you have to modify the Real.htm file, which is
created automatically by FrontPage.
Customize Photo Gallery
The following example shows how to change the caption of an image
into a hyperlink:
- Create a new disk-based Web and create a new
- On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click New Photo Gallery.
- Click Add. Select either Pictures from Files or Pictures from Scanner or Cameras to locate your image files. Select an image.
- In the Caption box, type the text you want to use for your caption. Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save. Save the file as Photo.htm.
- After FrontPage saves the page, your Web will have a new
folder named Photogallery. And, in that folder will be another folder named
Photonnn where nnn is a
- Open the Photonnn folder, and
then double-click the Real.htm file.
- Select the text under the photo and make it a
- Save the page.
- Preview the Photo.htm file in Internet Explorer. (NOTE: You may need to click Refresh to view the most recent version of this file.)
: Do not edit either the Real_p.htm or the Real_x.htm files in the
folder. Both of these files are used
exclusively by FrontPage and should not be altered.NOTE
: If you change the photo gallery image by double-clicking or
right-clicking it and then clicking Photo Gallery Properties
on the shortcut menu, any changes you made to the Real.htm file
will be overwritten.
more information about working with Photo Galleries, click Microsoft FrontPage Help
on the Help
menu, type Photo Gallery
in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topic.
Article ID: 290865 - Last Review: October 25, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdisplay kbgraphic kbhowtomaster KB290865|