Word may not merge to the contacts in your personal distribution list as expected when you select the "Use Address Book" and "Personal Address Book" settings in a Microsoft Word mail merge operation
This article was previously published under Q291345
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you select the Use Address Book and Personal Address Book settings in a Microsoft Word mail merge operation, Word may not merge to the contacts in your personal distribution list as expected.
This behavior occurs if you do not first create your personal distribution list in your Personal Address Book.
To create your personal distribution list in your Personal Address Book, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Outlook, click Address Book on the Tools menu.
- On the File menu, click New Entry.
- In the Select the entry type box, click Personal Distribution List.
In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, click New Distribution List in the Select the entry type box.
- In the In the box (under Put this entry), click Personal Address Book, and then click OK.
In Outlook 2007, click Contacts in the In the box under Put this entry, and then click OK.
Complete your personal distribution list as you normally do by typing a name for the distribution list and adding members.
For more information about creating a personal distribution list, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to create a personal distribution list
prb wd2007 wd2003 wd 2002
Article ID: 291345 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 21:07:33 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertisebeginner kbmerge kbpending kbprb KB291345