Administrative Tools Folder Does Not Appear on the Start Menu After You Install a New Program
This article was previously published under Q291732
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you install a new program that belongs in the Administrative Tools folder, the Administrative Tools folder does not appear in the Start menu.
To resolve this behavior, customize the Start
- Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
- On the Advanced tab, under Start menu items, click System Administrative Tools.
- Click to select either the Display on the All Programs menu or the Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu option.
- Click OK, and OK again to save the change.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 291732 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 01:16:58 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbui KB291732