"Remember my credentials" check box is displayed after you disable the check box in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Windows Internet Explorer 9 on a Windows 7-based computer.
- You try to disable the Remember my credentials check box. To do this, you set the DWORD type of the DisablePasswordCaching registry key to 00000001 in the following path:
- You access a webpage that asks for your credentials.
In this scenario, the Remember my credentials
check box is displayed unexpectedly in the Enter your credentials
This issue occurs because an API that is related to the dialog box does not work correctly in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7.
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to Microsoft Update
For technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2898785.
For more information about security update 2898785, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS13-097: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: December 10, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
See the terminology
Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 2917478 - Last Review: 12/13/2013 08:09:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2917478