How to convert Corel 9 Show files to PowerPoint 2002 presentations
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 version of this article, see 826830.For a Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 version of this article, see 257934.
There is currently no way to save a Corel Presentations 9 Show file in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 format. However, you can save a Corel Presentations 9 file in the Microsoft PowerPoint 95 format, and then open it in PowerPoint 2002.
NOTE: Some fidelity is lost between the two versions, due to the difference in the way the two programs handle objects and slides.
To save a Corel Presentation file (*.SHW) in PowerPoint 95 format, choose PowerPoint 95 Presentation, under File Type, in the Save As window of Corel Presentations 9.
According to the Help documentation in Corel Presentations 9, the following changes can occur when you save Corel Presentations slide shows in the Microsoft PowerPoint 95 file format.
Text and Lines
- Text that is on a path is not supported in Microsoft PowerPoint 95.
- Text spacing and margins have minor issues, which give the presentation an odd appearance.
- The position and size of chart items, such as titles and legends, may not appear correctly.
- Various text blocks are not supported.
- Headers and footers are not supported; they appear as normal text.
- Line endcaps, such as arrowheads, are not supported.
- The color of chart items, such as bars and slices, may not appear correctly because Microsoft Graph 95 only allows 56 colors in its chart color table.
- Mixed chart types, where each series has a different chart type, appear as a single chart type.
- Chart bar types, such as cones and markers, are not supported.
- XY 100% charts may not appear correctly.
- If you create files with multiple slides, you may not be able to open them in Microsoft PowerPoint 2002.
- The Go To keys in Corel Presentations 9 are not supported.
- Templates that contain default attributes, such as text and bullet attributes, are not supported.
- Action settings, such as "advance slide on mouse click," are not supported.
- Background colors and styles may not appear correctly.
- Animation effects added to graphic objects are not supported.
- Hyperlinks are not supported.
- OLE objects may not be supported.
- Gradients applied to graphic objects are not supported.
- PowerPoint color indexed template objects are not supported.
- Corel Presentations Organization charts are converted to the Windows Metafile file format.
Article ID: 291873 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 17:49:56 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbconversion kbinfo kbformat kbsavefile kbhowto KB291873