How to create a server-side rule to automatically reply with a specific message in Outlook 2000
How to Define a Rule to Send an Automatic Reply
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
- In the Rules Wizard dialog box, click New.
- Under Which type of rule do you want to create, click the Check messages when they arrive check box, and then click Next.
- Under Which condition(s) do you want to check, click to select the Sent Only To Me check box, or any other criteria that you want, and then click Next.
- Under What do you want to do with the message, click to select the have server reply using a specific message check box.
- Under Rule Description, click the underlined phrase a specific message. If this is the first time that you have created a server-side rule, click Yes when you receive the following prompt: You are creating a rule that will be incompatible with versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2000. If you create this rule, you cannot use your rules with Outlook 98 and earlier versions. For more information, search for help on "Upgrading Rules." Are you sure you want to create this ruleNOTE: This prompt only occurs once. If you use these steps again, you will not receive this prompt.
- In the Rule Description, click a specific message.
- In the untitled message View menu, type the subject and the message body that you want to be sent, and then click Save and Close.
- Complete the Rule Wizard instructions, click Finish and then click OK.
Article ID: 291956 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 01:19:30 - Revision: 3.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbautomation kbemail KB291956