How to restore the Envelope icon in the notification area in Outlook
This article was previously published under Q292034
This article describes how to restore the Envelope icon (the icon that notifies you of a new message) in the notification area (the area on the right side of the taskbar) in Microsoft Office Outlook.
To restore the Envelope
icon in the notification area follow these steps:
- Start Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences Tab, click E-mail Options.
- Click Advanced E-mail Options.
- Click to select the Show an envelope icon in the notification area check box.
Note In Microsoft Outlook 2002, the check box is named Show an envelope icon in the system tray.
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Select Mail in the left navigation pane.
- In the Message arrival section, click to select the Show an envelope icon in the taskbar check box.
OfficeKBHowTo OL2002 OL2003 OL2007
Article ID: 292034 - Last Review: 09/20/2011 14:52:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2010