Landscape-oriented page is not scaled to paper size when the Word document is printed
This article was previously published under Q292072
When you print a document in Microsoft Word, landscape-oriented pages in the document may not be properly scaled to the paper size.
This behavior occurs if you do the following:
- You create a document by using vertical text direction.
- You specify landscape orientation for the document on the Margins tab in the Page Setup dialog box.
- You specify a paper size for the document on the Paper tab in the Page Setup dialog box.
- When you print the document, you scale the paper size to a different size in the Print dialog box than you previously specified under Page Setup.
: This behavior does not occur on all printers.
To resolve this issue, print the document to another printer.
To work around this issue, select No Scaling in the Scale to paper size list in the Print dialog box when you print the document.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
WD2007 Word2007Word2003 Word2002
Article ID: 292072 - Last Review: 01/31/2007 19:26:53 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition